|Outline in MLO-iPhone v.2||Home screen with views|
1. Designed completely from the ground up to support modern technologies.We’ve completely removed the old C++ code we used initially in MLO-iPhone v.1 to port MLO from Windows Mobile platform to the young iPhone platform. The new code is completely native now to make MLO faster, more robust and to support the new technologies and new platforms from Apple. With new architecture it is easier to use the new modern controls and release the updates with new features faster.
2. Improved navigation with real OutlineThe task navigation in MLO-iPhone v.2 is completely Outline style now. You can create tasks, subtasks and see them on the screen in the same time, expanding or collapsing the branches.
|Drag & Drop to move tasks|
3. New Look&FeelOur goal was to design MLO-iPhone v.2 with lightweight and easy to navigate style so that the most important information is presented to you in the most convenient way.
4. The auto-sync is fully automated!The sync with MLO-Cloud is completely automated now. All your changes are instantly in sync with MLO-Cloud and MLO4 for Windows connected to MLO-Cloud. It is not needed to click Sync button again and again on iPhone.
5. The sync process is completely in background.You can edit your tasks and even not notice that there is sync in progress. The changes will be merged instantly. This was the hardest part of the new design in MLO-iPhone application. The structure of MLO is very complex and user can change the task outline significantly before background sync finishes. The simplest way was to block UI and not allow changes from users during sync. However we decided to improve this functionality and you will be able to see how it works very soon.
6. New conflict resolution – less conflicts.We’ve completely redesigned the automatic sync conflict resolution algorithm so that you have fewer conflicts during sync. For example if you change the title of a task on one side and the due date of the same task on the other side there will be no conflicts after the sync now. The data will be merged automatically. If you do change the title on both sides MLO will resolve this conflict for you and you could review this resolution later and fix it if needed. We have spent many developing hours to support the background sync and conflict auto merge and I really like the results we achieved!
7. More predefined views addedWe’ve implemented a new view creation mechanism inside MLO-iPhone v.2 and now it is easier to add new views. The initial release will contain more predefined views added with this mechanism. Later we will use this mechanism to allow users to create their own custom views (see below).
8. Custom views – in next updates after releaseIn the next updates after the initial release you will be able to create custom views. The outline filtering will be implemented the same way it works in MLO for Windows now. We are already testing this functionality internally.
9. You can customize the appearance of your outline.You can configure how items should be shown in the outline. You can select the number of lines, text size and elements to show.
|Configure appearance||More tasks visible with compact settings|
10. Workspaces (tabs)Workspaces have been added to MLO mobile app! You can create different workspaces and switch between them quickly like between tabs. The different workspaces may contain different views, zoom and search results. The workspaces are very useful to manage complex outlines with many tasks.
11. Task preview dialog (the same as on Android)You can look at your task details summary on task preview dialog.
12. Undo/Redo your changesJust click Undo to revert your latest changes in MLO-iPhone v.2
|Commands in toolbar|
13. The upgrade procedureMLO-iPhone v.2 will be released as new app in free/pro model (like MLO-Android). Most of MLO-iPhone v.2 features are FREE forever. However you may want to upgrade to continue using some advanced features after 45-day Pro trial expires. You can import your existing MLO data to the new app using MLO-Cloud or WiFi from MLO for Windows. Since MLO-iPhone v.2 is a new application you can use it in parallel with MLO-iPhone v.1 if needed.
14. Discount for MLO-iPhone v.1 users.We are working with Apple to allow all registered users of MLO-iPhone v.1 to purchase the MLO-iPhone v.2 Pro with 50% discount. The other idea was to even allow registered users to choose their own price for the upgrade. Let’s see what Apple responds. We plan that to use the discount for MLO-iPhone v.2 the previous app MLO-iPhone v.1 should be installed on your device.
15. We are offering free cloud sync for your app review.After the release we will offer 3-month MLO-Cloud subscription for free to anyone who writes a review in App Store for MLO-iPhone v.2 even if this review is not positive :-)
It will be a limited time offer.
We are already preparing the beta release of MLO-iPhone v.2 to the selected beta testers. Our current plan is September for the release to the App Store.
I think this is the best MLO mobile application our team ever created!
Subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to know about our release to the App Sore.